Thursday, December 27, 2012

Colorado Christmas with Mom

Someone once said that Christmas is a time of year when you get homesick - even when you're home. Well, this year my mother came out to Colorado and helped us celebrate the season's yuletide cheer. She spent a little over a week with us and I was able to secure my favorite childhood recipes (fried chicken, beef stoganoff, pork and ham roasts). These were more than meals, they were feasts...as Alice might say.

The Saturday before Christmas, I performed at the Black Crown Piano Lounge while mom nursed a Manhattan. It was nostalgic to reminisce Christmas stories of the past with everyone and I think at one point we broke into the chorus "Almost Heaven...West Virginia". Oriana and Justin came over Christmas Day and we shared presents and got caught up on each others life's.

No comments: