Saturday, June 16, 2012

California Vacation with the Burguns

Every year my friend Patrick comes to the United States from Germany to participate in the Esprit CAD/CAM conference and this year I decided to meet up with him and his wife in California. I've had a couple of residences in California over the years and have always believed that every place has something to offer. I know Los Angeles pretty well and I offered to show them around the area.



Our home for the week was in Manhattan Beach, it is mostly central to the places I wanted to show them and close to the airport. Each day we went to a different area and took in the sites. It's funny how you appreciate things in life more as you get older. Hollywood, Universal Studios, the Queen Mary, the Beaches and all that comes with them. We had a lot of fun, but I found out the my best friend's birthday was on the same day as my late brother, that seemed bitter sweet.

No comments: