Saturday, November 27, 2010

A West Virginia Thanksgiving

I headed back East to West Virginia for a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving this year to spend some time with my folks. I can remember so many great times with family and friends during this Holiday and this year was no exception. The weather was a bit of a mixed bag, but it was mostly mild and I took walks nearly every day down the railroad tracks and across the golf course.



Early on, I was able to visit with Craig Clinton and we reminisced the old days. I saw a couple performances of RENT at the Parkersburg Actors Guild since I've always enjoyed the music. It was just the three of us for Thanksgiving. Mom and I dressed the turkey in the afternoon after a visit from Mike McAllister. Later, she made all the fixings and after a short prayer we sat down for an intimate memorable dinner.

2 comments:

joebrozenick said...

Meanwhile, please excuse the technical error to the left.

It is great that you are able to see your parents and family over the holidays Glenn. I always recall those golf course days summer caddy golf on Mondays, football weekends on the 18th hole in the fall, sledding off of River road in the winter.

joebrozenick said...

Running horizontally across the od 18th hole near the Chris mansion and old Doc Santer's, a kid with the right pair of PF Flyers could seem downright invisible once he hit the drop off and escaped into the tunnel running under Grand Central or hid close by that pump house. I spent many a day biting the sides of my mouth laughing and listening to my pursuers of a snowball misunderstanding cry, "Where is that #($&*@# kid gone? Thanks for the memories!