Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Billy Joel Song Quiz

It's hard to ignore the power of Facebook. Since becoming a member several years ago, I have connected with dozens of my high school and college friends. There's even online tools to coordinate many of the issues around your high school reunion now. This got me thinking about recording a music medley from the era using songs from one of my favorite songwriters.



One thing lead to another and before long I had strung together several bars from 16 of my favorite Billy Joel songs. The total length of the medley turned out to be less than 4 minutes. Then, I wondered if the soundbites would be as familiar to my friends as they were to me? I got a lot of responses, but no one was able to guess all 16. I decided to upload it to YouTube for others to join in and enjoy.

No comments: